We have a team of registered midwives that are competent to provide balanced information that can empower women and instill a sense of belief within themselves throughout their pregnancy until the post natal period. It is our role to work with expecting mothers and provide them with support and quality pregnancy care.
Here at the Midwife Wisdom, we believe that educating women is important as it helps reduce the fear associated with childbirth. By providing expecting mothers with information, we are able to assist them better and give them a positive experience. We are very honoured and privileged to be doing our jobs as midwives.
We provide free pregnancy care services to women residing in West Auckland and Central Auckland, New Zealand whom are eligible for publicly funded health services. If you’re not eligible but your partner is, then you may still receive free care. If you are eligible, then your baby will receive free care if born in New Zealand.
We also offer prenatal appointments that take place at different weekly intervals and then once every week until you have your baby. Bookings usually take up to an hour while routine appointments are for 15-30 minutes.
You may call us at any time of the day if you are worried or if you feel some warning signs. We are open 24/7 to cater to emergencies including:
• Reduced or no fetal movement
• Leaking fluid before 37 weeks
• Leaking fluid that is green or brown, contractions,
• Bleeding or stomach pain that does not go away
• Headaches that won't go away with paracetamol, rest and fluids
• Rapid increase in body swelling
• Visual disturbances
• Interpretation of lab results and ultrasound scans
• Prescription for pregnancy related problems
• Free referral to specialist care for any pregnancy,
• Labor care. Each of our midwives work for 12 hours before
• Postnatal care for you and your baby, at hospital or home
• Breastfeeding support and advice
Get more information about our services (Lead Maternity Carers) on the Ministry of Health website.